Why Join the NHSSA?
A True Community
The storage industry is challenging enough without the added isolation many of us feel. With three general meetings a year plus online forums, we bring folks together to exchange ideas, network, and learn from each other. Here you can make the connections that help to grow and maintain your business. If two heads are better than one, then try 100!
Education and Resources
Educational events held throughout the year include experts in various fields providing legal seminars, sales and marketing training, developer education, and workshops for owners and managers. Legal seminars cover the latest changes occurring in state legislation and statutes which impact the self storage industry. NHSSA educational events also give members the opportunity to ask questions that directly affect their bottom line and daily operations.
The biggest resource our members can access is our attorney-generated lease agreement, which is compliant with our newest 2019 lien law. The Board also invested in multiple resource forms, such as lien law timelines, late notices, and more, which are now available in our Member Resources section.
Members also receive a monthly digital subscription to MiniCo’s MiniStorage Messenger, can post to our online Marketplace, can have their families apply for an annual academic scholarship, and attend webinars as they air live or watch their recordings in the future.
Your Legislative Watchdog and Advocate
There is strength in numbers. With our members behind us, we stand strong against unfair practices at the state level. We have made strides to reduce the burden and expense on storage owners regarding auctions and other important causes, including the passage of our new lien law in 2019.
Listing on Our Web Directory
Gain additional exposure to potential tenants with a crisp clean directory listing that links to your facility details and website. Vendors are also listed and can even be searched by business type for added convenience.
When you become a member of the NHSSA, you automatically reap the rewards of an affiliate membership with the National Self Storage Association, giving you access to discounts on SSA events, including their Las Vegas Expo!
Summary of Benefits
- Discounts to attend meetings and events
- Free attendance to quarterly webinars
- Eligible to apply for an annual academic scholarship
- A new, updated online Member Resource library
- FREE access to an attorney-generated lease agreement
- A digital subscription to MiniCo’s MiniStorage Messenger (facilities only)
- Ability to post to our online marketplace
- Company and contact listing on our website
- Lobbying and government relations efforts at the state level
- An indirect membership with the national Self Storage Association (facilities only)
- An Excel listing of our current primary members (vendors only)